Monday, November 9, 2009

Loving Lace

After all there is something about a wedding-gown prettier than in any other gown in the world. ~Douglas William Jerrold


Ever since I was a little girl I have had a fascination with weddings, anything and everything that there is to do with them. I was that little girl that dressed up in her best party dress on a Tuesday afternoon just to watch Kid's Incorporated and day dream about the "boy" that would one day sweep  me off my feet. As I have gotten older I have always loved looking for inspiration and thinking about what I will have down to every last detail on that special day. My love for anything and everything wedding stems out to even more than just weddings..I love fashion, design, color anything that gets me inspired or thinking. I hope to bring some inspiration to another "little girls" perfect day and to be inspired by others!


I have been running into a few dress designers lately that I had never heard of but that I am now in LOVE with, and I am even more in love with lace details.....


I just love Martina Liana, her dresses are all so classic yet have modern twists. I also love her lace work....I personally think this dress is amazing. So Grace Kelly, I also am loving the easy change from ceremony to recpetion dress. No need to buy a second dress..genius!


Pockets- casual  but on this dress they are anything but! Classic, chic and practical!



Simple silouettes and touches of lace...classic



Again with the lace details...way to my heart


I love 100 Layer Cake I find myself browsing through this blog almost daily, the color boards are always amazing. I love this one, I feel like it would compliment the first Martina Liana dress perfectly with the lace and vintage feel. Any ideas?


I have never been to crazy about the idea of using green in my color palatte but the gold, silverspun and I would use a lighter color than lilac is a beautiful jumping off point. I think my biggest struggle will ulitmately be pinning down a color palatte that is cohesive, classic, elegant, and still has a little southern charm but without being "country" or "kitchy" or "casual"....grr I always gets frustrated when thinking about color schemes.





No comments:

Post a Comment